Tue, 2 January 2018
I am interviewing Megan Jayne Crabbe, otherwise known as @bodyposipanda and author of Body Positive Power. We chat about:
- Megan’s recovery from an eating disorder and diet culture and why her “goal weight” never made her happy,
- How social media was a catalyst to her recovery and what it was like to go from being an observer to an inspiration,
- The things that helped Megan the most in her recovery,
- The most important thing she took away from all the research she did on beauty standards and the evolution of the ideal body,
- How anger can be a useful emotion to aid in recovery from dieting,
- Can dieting be body positive?
- How she discovered her identity outside of her body and obsession with weight loss,
- The tactics that helped her learn to embrace and appreciate her tummy,
- What she is doing when she’s “just being Megan,”
- Her brilliant response to “body positivity is glorifying obesity”,
- The history of female hunger and how liberating it is to be unashamed of our appetites,
Plus, so much more!