Tue, 27 November 2018
I’m revisiting my interview with Nutritionist Chris Sandel.
We chat about on the physiology of the restrict-binge cycle, the fallacy of weight control and dieting, how to learn to trust your body again and I’ll be answering a listener question on how to find balance between eating what you want and health.
I answer a listener question how to find balance between eating what you want and health,
- How Chris realized that his weight was not in his control and how that shaped his approach with working with clients,
- The physiology of the restrict-binge cycle and why we really can’t control our food,
- The fallacy around the amount of control we have over our weight,
- Why recovery from disordered eating and chronic dieting involves more than simply “eating normally,”
- Mental versus physical deprivation – knowing the difference and how to heal both
- How to trust your body and what this process actually looks like,
- The importance of doing the inner work to heal your relationship with food,
- What is moderation and is it possible?
- Are there some people who need to abstain from certain foods?
Plus, so much more!