Tue, 1 December 2020
I’m interviewing Natasha Ngindi - non-diet nutritionist, body image activist, Zumba instructor, and entrepreneur - about the BMI and diet-culture’s roots in anti-Blackness, and how to show compassion to yourself when it comes to food.
- How she discovered Intuitive Eating and found freedom with food and her body,
- The creation of the BMI and why it is a racially biased metric,
- The history of body image and its roots in anti-Blackness,
- Her work as a non-diet nutritionist and what that means,
- Detaching the desire for weight loss from joyful movement,
Plus, so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/179