Tue, 31 May 2022
I’m running solo ranting about the 5 reasons why eating in moderation is useless advice. I also explore what moderation means, how this phrase is actually just dieting disguised, and questions to ask yourself when you’re about to eat.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/230
In this episode, I talk about:
- How this is framed as not a diet, but is actually code for dieting,
- That moderation is up for interpretation, but usually lines up to rules and limitations,
- How fitness and health professionals use this language to avoid talking about dieting,
- That not honouring our needs ignores our satiety,
- How anti-fat bias and fatphobia mess up the way we think about food,
- How this advice often backfires,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/230