Tue, 13 November 2018
I’m revisiting my interview with fat activist Ragen Chastain. We chat about size stigma, HAES, why every body deserves respect, her experiences training for an Ironman and I’ll be answering a listener question on what to do if you feel like you cannot trust your body. In this episode, we chat about:
- I answer a listener question about what to do if you feel like you can’t trust your body,
- How Ragen went from having an eating disorder to becoming a fat activist,
- The research on dieting and weight loss and why health habits are the best way to get a healthy body,
- The experience that made her to realize the oppression against fat people and how this was the catalyst for her activism,
- The role of fat stigma on body image,
- If you have issues with your body, it can be you and your body against that problem—not you against your body,
- Why your life wouldn’t be better if you were thinner—your life would be better if you lived in a world that didn’t stigmatize fat and why changing the world is the solution,
- Is it really possible to be happy, sexy and successful at any size?
- The good fatty/bad fatty dichotomy – what is is and how she navigates it being a athlete and activist,
- How she handles the trolls and stays determined against the negativity,
- All about her experience with her Ironman training,
Plus, so much more!