Tue, 6 April 2021
I’m interviewing Olivia Scobie, social worker and author of Impossible Parenting, about the culture of impossible parenting, its impact on our mental health, and how we need a shift from self-care to self-parenting.
- What the culture of impossible parenting is and that it’s very outwardly oriented,
- How diet culture has permeated into the culture of impossible parenting,
- That it’s normal to have contradictory feelings, because it’s not possible to fully escape impossible parenting or diet culture, so you need to be gentle with yourself,
- How parenting involves a lot of guilt, and a question to ask yourself to help you through it,
- What self-parenting is and how to navigate it,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/192