Tue, 4 May 2021
I’m interviewing Danni Adams, body image coach, activist, and writer, about how fatphobia impacts Black communities, the adultification of Black girls, and medical fatphobia and its impact on our well-being.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/195
In this episode, we chat about:
- How Dani got into fat activism and body image coaching,
- The perception of fat Black women and how that stigma influences how they are treated,
- How medical fatphobia is especially violent to Black people,
- How this pandemic has exposed weight discrimination,
- How fatphobia stems from racism and is directly linked to anti-Blackness,
- Advice if you or your child are experiencing medical fatphobia,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/195