Tue, 15 June 2021
I’m interviewing Alissa Rumsey, registered dietitian, nutrition therapist, certified intuitive eating counselor, and the author of Unapologetic Eating: Make Peace with Food and Transform Your Life. We’re talking about the importance of raising awareness around the thoughts, feelings, and beliefs that are behind how we interact with food, why that’s different from mindful eating, and what to do if you overthink food choices.
- Why mindfulness is not the same as mindful eating,
- What Alissa means by the “grey area” when it comes to food and eating, and how there’s no right and wrong in intuitive eating,
- Why eliminating the restrictions on food, including the mental restrictions, is so important,
- How the concept of scarcity plays into our eating behaviors and relationship with food,
- Tips for transitioning from doubting and questioning your hunger, decisions, and experiences, to learning to trust your intuition,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/198