Tue, 4 January 2022
Body Image Series: I’m going on a bit of a rant about the mainstream messages about “love your body” and “body positivity,” and then I take a deep dive into what we might really want and mean when we talk about loving our body.
- What I found when looking up these phrases' hashtags, how they’ve been co-opted, and some of the better hashtags to follow that haven’t been co-opted in the same way,
- Why we need more representation without explanation or justification,
- How body neutrality takes the focus away from the need to feel a certain way about your body,
- That we often imagine looking at ourselves and judging ourselves through the male-gaze and society’s beauty standards,
- The freedom of not caring how you look and the impact it can have on your life,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/213