Tue, 17 May 2022
I’m joined by Emma Wright talking about how to end the struggles and mealtime battles that happen with kids. She talks about how the pressure to have kids eat and look a certain way sets parents up for feelings of frustration at mealtimes and kids not knowing how to trust their bodies. She also explores how to teach kids body autonomy so they learn to eat intuitively and create an environment where eating feels easier.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/228
In this episode, we talk about:
- What changed Emma’s thinking in relation to food and diets, and how this shift opened up space in her mind for other things,
- How good intentions are no match for diet culture,
- The deep sense of failure that parents internalize and how it steals the joy from their family life,
- How this parental pressure leaves kids confused and mistrusting their own bodies and hunger cues,
- The importance of getting out of the way and allowing our children to make mistakes and figure things out on their own,
- How all of this applies to adults, as well as kids,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/228