Tue, 4 October 2022
I’m talking about overcoming mirror-checking and mirror avoidance. I also talk about why mirror-checking is often a hidden substitute for the scale, whether you should take a break from mirrors, and when it’s appropriate to use mirrors to heal body image, as part of the Body Image Series.
Thanks to our sponsor Magic Mind. To get 20% off, go to magicmind.co/rules and enter the code RULES20 at checkout. The best part is that they have a money back guarantee. If you get the subscription, it’s a 40% off. My 40% off code only lasts 10 days, so hurry up.
In this episode, I talk about:
- How mirror-checking is a hidden form of checking body size,
- That it is often done unconsciously, without understanding its impact,
- Four questions to ask yourself to assess if mirror-checking is problematic for you,
- Why completely avoiding mirrors can also be problematic,
- That we want to drop the expectation of loving our bodies and aim for neutrality,
- How we’ve been conditioned to value our worth based on how we look,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/243