Tue, 11 October 2022
I’m joined by Hilary Kinavey and Dana Sturtevant, authors of Reclaiming Body Trust and founders of the Center for Body Trust. We talk about how to overcome the challenges around trusting your body and how to navigate body grief that may arise as you step away from dieting.
- Why people feel like they’re flailing while doing body trust work and their response to people who think they’re doing it wrong,
- That body trust is a birthright and it was taken from you, but you can get it back,
- Advice for navigating the loss of privilege associated with living in a fat body,
- How grief gives permission to acknowledge that something is hard,
- Why they prefer the phrase “attuned self-care,” and what it means,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/244