Tue, 25 October 2022
I’m joined by Ingrid R. Pipes, National Certified Counselor, who is fat, queer, gender non-conforming, and neuro-divergent. We talk about how being neuro-divergent informed Ingrid’s relationship with her body, the difference between body positivity and fat liberation (and why we need more fat liberation), and why “trauma healing” as a form of weight loss is fake news.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/245
If you leave a review during the month of October 2022, then I’ll send you a free audio and e-book copy of my best-selling book Body Image Remix. Email or DM me telling me that you left a review and I’ll send you the link.
In this episode, I talk about:
- Ingrid’s relationship with her body growing up,
- How being neuro-divergent helped protect them as a child,
- That body positivity has become digestible and dominated by straight-size people,
- That fat liberation is an intersectional movement that supports dismantling social stigma,
- That influencers who promote trauma healing as a form of weight loss are preying on people’s insecurities,
- Why weight loss is not a therapy goal,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/245
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap