Tue, 13 December 2022
I’m joined by Pam Luk, the founder of Ember & Ace, an athletic wear brand for plus size kids. She’s talking about what it was like growing up as a fat athlete, the ways that she’s teaching her kids to be body positive, how to teach your kids media literacy, what to do if someone calls your child fat, and how to help your child build resiliency if they are in a larger body.
- How she overcame the fatphobic messages she internalized growing up,
- The importance of talking to your kids about what they see in the media and why,
- Some tv shows and resources that highlight body diversity,
- Questions to ask your kids to help them develop positive feelings about their body,
- That you can’t force your child to be ok with their body,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/250
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap
Tue, 6 December 2022
I’m joined by Jessie Diaz-Herrera, the body-positive dance instructor otherwise known as Curves with Moves. We are talking about what her experiences were like growing up as a dancer, how she was able to use dance to embrace her body, the “science” behind jiggling our bodies, and her advice to others who struggle with their belly.
Use coupon code EATTHERULES for a free class. Check out the live and online classes here: https://app.arketa.co/