I’m joined by Tamsin Broster and Gillian McCollum, anti-diet and body image coaches. We’re talking about binge eating and diet mentality and how to overcome it, why traditional “thinking based” strategies to stop a binge aren’t always enough, and why anxiety goes hand-in-hand with food restriction.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/257
In this episode, we talk about:
- The difference between binge eating and emotional eating,
- That binge eating looks different for everyone,
- Why anxiety is your body’s normal reaction to hunger,
- That if you’ve been brought up in diet culture, it’s unlikely you’ve ever had body trust,
- That our perception of what is enough food is not based on fact,
- Why they say intuitive eating is not the full answer,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/257
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap