Tue, 2 May 2023
I’m joined by Jessica Wilson, MS, RD, and Author of It’s Always Been Ours. We’re talking about why “dismantling diet culture” isn’t enough, how ideas like “intuitive eating” can cause harm, and the conversations we really need to be having to make systemic change. We also talk about the relationship between anti-fatness and anti-Blackness and why perhaps GOOP isn’t the worst thing.
- The need to address the functions of disordered eating as a societal and structural problem,
- How she sees intuitive eating causing harm,
- How Black women are hyper-visible yet invisible,
- That Black women are underrepresented in eating disorder research,
- Her experience at the Goop summit versus Harvard Public Health,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/264
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap