Tue, 16 May 2023
I’m joined by Chris Sandel, nutritionist and coach. We’re talking about what we can learn about eating disorders and diet recovery from the Minnesota Starvation Experiment, why eating disorders are like anxiety disorders, how treating eating disorders in this way can help with recovery, and Chris’s framework that he uses with clients to help them heal.
- The symptoms noted in the experiment in both the malnourished state and the recovery phase,
- How the caloric amounts that were given during the experiment are in line with many mainstream diets’ recommendations,
- That there’s a honeymoon period with anxiety and an eating disorder where it feels like it’s working, but then anxiety starts to ramp up
- The three common things all eating disorders share,
- That you can be malnourished at any size,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/266
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap