Tue, 27 June 2023
I’m joined by Aubrey Gordon, co-host of Maintenance Phase and author of What We Don’t Talk About When We Talk About Fat and “You Just Need to Lose Weight” and 19 Other Myths About Fat People. We’re talking about how we can change beliefs about fatness within ourselves and in our culture, and how the proliferation of weight loss drugs will influence cultural beliefs about fatness.
- Ways to respond when people say they’re concerned for your health,
- The reality of weight loss drugs and injections and how they can be used to reinforce people’s beliefs about fat people,
- Why she uses the term anti-fat bias instead of fatphobia,
- What internalized anti-fatness is and why thin people can’t experience it,
- The role of thin people in ending anti-fat bias, and what thin people shouldn’t do in anti-diet spaces,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/271
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap