Tue, 27 July 2021
I’m interviewing Dr. Megan Stubbs, EdD, a sexologist, relationships expert, body image specialist, and author of Playing Without a Partner. We’re talking about why you are powerful on your own, how to enjoy being single, how we learned about relationships and sexuality wrongly through our culture, why virginity is a social construct, how to connect with your body’s needs and desires, and why vulva diversity is real.
Tue, 13 July 2021
I’m interviewing Savala Nolan, author of Don’t Let It Get You Down: Essays on Race, Gender, and the Body. We’re talking about Savala’s story of growing up Black, Mexican, and white, and thin and fat, how she navigated these intersections, and always feeling like she was “in-between.” We also talk about how our culture glorifies violence against women, how she’s trying to teach her daughter about race and gender, and what it was like to discover her lineage and ties to chattel slavery.
- How dieting can be passed down through generations,
- How letting go of fitting in to one of the categories that our culture has built can allow you to come home to yourself,
- Her experience learning about her family history and the challenging feelings that came out of it,
- That when you have a body that is fundamentally marginalized by your community, whatever privilege you can eke out is not as strong as it would be for someone who is not in a marginalized body,
- How Savala is teaching her daughter about her identity and her body,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/201
Tue, 6 July 2021
This is episode 200 and I’m sharing 10 lessons I’ve learned over the past 7 years of being a podcaster and coach. I talk about how I’m really sensitive, what I truly value, how motherhood has opened me up, and stories from the podcast.