Tue, 28 August 2018
It’s the Season 4 Finale of Fearless Rebelle Radio! I’m talking about what you can expect while I’m gone, what I’m looking forward to/terrified of and how you can work with me. Specifically:
- Fearless Rebelle Radio hit 1 Million downloads – thank you!!!!!!
- What’s happening with the podcast while I’m gone,
- Why I’m really excited about re-releasing old episodes,
- What maternity leave is going to be like for me,
- How I’m feeling going into maternity leave,
- Various ways you can get support while I’m gone,
- I’m going to miss you!!!
Plus, so much more!
Tue, 21 August 2018
It's a special episode because I’m speaking to 4 incredible women, whom I’m willing to bet will have pieces of their story resonate with you. These are 4 of my clients who worked with me during the You, On Fire program and they are here to show you that it is possible to go from obsessing over food and hating your body, to no longer fretting about your reflection and having so much more confidence in who you are outside of how you look. These women go on to be role models to their kids, they have more time so they volunteer or become advocates for social justice, they ask for a raise and a promotion at work, they speak up to their medical professional about HAES or they pursue a new calling. And in all of these little ways, they start to leave a different kind of mark on this world and change the culture. To enroll in You, On Fire go to summerinnanen.com/youonfire
Tue, 14 August 2018
Jes Baker, author of Landwhale and Things No One Will Tell Fat Girls is on the show talking about the difference between body love and body liberation, doing things she never thought she could, the struggle with finding a good relationship with food and more. In this episode, we chat about:
- Jes tells her story of how she found fat acceptance and how this changed her life,
- What she wants people to get out of Landwhale and why it was such a hard book to write,
- Why “bopo light” is necessary and a needed stepping stone,
- The struggle she had in healing her relationship with food and what is working for her right now,
- Why understanding things logically is different than implementing it into your life,
- The difference between body love and body liberation and how liberation is needed to really heal,
- What helped her to do the myriad of things she never thought she could do and her advice for others,
- Why this idea of being bulletproof to criticism and trolling doesn’t exist and why this idea is harmful,
- Why we need more vulnerability,
Plus, so much more!
Tue, 7 August 2018
Virgie Tovar, author of You Have The Right To Remain Fat is on the show talking about why diet culture is so toxic to our self-worth, the influence of sexism on our desire to diet and so much more. In this episode, we chat about:
- Virgie’s new book, You Have The Right To Remain Fat – why she wrote it and what’s she’s hoping people get out of it,
- How Virgie felt the magic of her body as a child before she was introduced to fatphobia and how that magic feels today,
- The importance of understanding what internalized inferiority is, how this is upheld by diet culture and how you can unpack that for yourself,
- Why “dieting is a survival technique” and obligation in our culture,
- The role of sexism in diet culture and why it’s a means of controlling women’s lives,
- Why intimate relationships might take longer to cultivate once you’ve opted out of diet culture, but will ultimately be more meaningful and fulfilling,
- The difference between liberation and acceptance and why we need to be aiming for liberation versus settling for acceptance,
- Why you deserve more than a $7 bottle of Shiraz and need to upgrade to the Dom Perignon and other amazing metaphors to help you feel worthy of all your desires,
Plus, so much more!