Tue, 28 November 2023
I’m joined by Cole Kazdin, author of the book What’s Eating Us - Women, Food and the epidemic of Body Anxiety. We’re talking about what “recovery” actually looks like and whether being fully recovered even exists. We also talk about the problems with the eating disorder treatment industry and what’s helped her maintain recovery from a decade’s long eating disorder.
Show notes: summerinnanen.com/284
In this episode, we talk about:
- The lack of research into this epidemic,
- The great work being done by grassroots organizations and eating disorder survivors,
- That there is not a standard of care in eating disorder recovery,
- The lack of an agreed upon clinical definition of recovery and Cole’s personal definition,
- How freeing it was to realize that the inner voice is not yours, it’s a voice that echoes systems of oppression,
- The commonalities between the eating disorder treatment and weight loss industries,
- Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/284
Get the free 10-Day Body Confidence Makeover with 10 steps to feel better in your body at summerinnanen.com/freebies
If you're a professional who has clients or students that struggle with body image, get the Body Image Coaching Roadmap for professionals at summerinnanen.com/roadmap
Tue, 14 November 2023
I’m walking you through different steps you can take to navigate shame you may have about your aging body and the importance of being curious about what you’ve attached to your younger body, as part of the Body Image Series.