Tue, 26 March 2019
I’m revisiting my interview with Tara Mohr – author of Playing Big and expert on women’s leadership and well-being. We chat about how to be more loyal to your dreams than your fears, managing self-doubt and how to unhook from praise and criticism. Plus, I answer a listener question on how to respond to diet talk.
- I answer a listener question on how to respond to diet talk,
- How Tara’s work influenced my life and how I work with clients,
- What it means to “play big” and the different ways that we play small and don’t even realize it,
- The relationship between self-doubt and playing big and why we cannot eliminate self-doubt,
- Why women are socialized to be people pleasers and how that influences the way we show up in this world,
- Why body perfectionism is a common form of self-doubt and why it’s not really about your body,
- The limitations of being hooked on praise and criticism,
- How you can start to be less concerned with what other people think,
Plus so much more!
Tue, 12 March 2019
I’m revisiting my interview with with Ivy Felicia – Certified Holistic Wellness Coach and Body Image Expert. W
- I answer a listener question on how to balance eating for athletic performance with body acceptance,
- Ivy’s story of growing up in a larger body and suffering from PCOS,
- What is PCOS and how it impacted Ivy’s relationship with her body,
- Why she looks at “body love” as a relationship, like a marriage,
- How to choose peace with your body, even when there is frustration and resentment,
- How to navigate weight gain and be more comfortable in a bigger body,
- What Ivy suggests for women who have gained weight and are feeling physically and emotionally uncomfortable in their larger body,
- How to appreciate and accept your body if you are suffering from a chronic illness,
- How to make nutritional changes to support a health condition without triggering the diet mentality,
Plus so much more!