Tue, 19 April 2022
We are exploring whether food is toxic and challenging the notion of food addiction in this rebroadcast of the Death To Diets mini-series. We also look at the new Jonathan Van Ness show called Getting Curious where they answered the question “Why Do I Love Snacks So Much?” Instead of a delightful foray into the wonderful world of snacks, this episode took a dark turn into debunked science from 1996, fatphobia, and food shaming. Fun! Vinny Welsby and I break down the BS around it and other “toxic” food myths.
- That chemicals in food does not mean it’s toxic or bad for you,
- That sugar and food addiction doesn’t exist and how restriction makes people think they are addicted,
- That there are no morally superior foods, but our culture’s obsession with losing weight makes us think there are,
- How altering the BMI was used to support fatphobic statistics,
- That there’s still a lot of fear and misinformation around food and eating,
Plus so much more!
Get the shownotes: summerinnanen.com/225